The deadline to register vote in Kentucky is: Postmarked 29 days before the election.
To register you must:
- be a U.S. Citizen and a Kentucky resident for at least 28 days before election day;
- be at least 18 years old by the date of the next general election (if you will be 18 by the November general election, you are eligible to vote in the prior May primary election);
- not be a convicted felon or, if convicted of a felony offense, you must have had your civil rights restored. Contact your local parole office to obtain an application for restoration of civil rights;
- not have been judged "mentally incompetent" in a court of law and have voting rights removed; and
- not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky.
Register to vote now!
To check the status of your voter registration, click here.
When can I vote in Kentucky?
Early Voting InformationIn-person early voting available? No
By mail early voting available? No
You may be eligible to vote absentee if you’re a member of the armed forces, a senior citizen, at school working outside your home county, or if you meet certain other criteria. If you’re eligible to vote absentee, you can request an absentee ballot application from your county clerk's office in person, by mail, by phone, or by fax. The deadline for applying for a mailed absentee ballot is Tuesday, the week before the election. To find out if you are eligible and get more information about mail-in absentee ballots, click here.
Voting Hours on Election DayThe polls are open from:
6:00am to 6:00pm
Please contact your state election office for additional voting information, or click here to learn more about voting absentee in your state.
What do you need to bring?
In order to vote in Kentucky, all voters must produce identification or be known by a precinct officer prior to voting. The types of ID that can be used by the voter include:
- Driver’s license
- Social Security card
- Credit card
- Another form of ID containing both picture and signature
Also if precinct officer can and will identify you as a personal acquaintance, you will not require additional identification.
For more information, contact your state election office.