Interns involved at Rock the Vote can expect to take on various projects across all program areas, most of which include: fundraising, volunteer engagement, branding and event promotion, new media and digital strategy, operations management, and voting rights awareness.
- Working with our volunteers across the country to coordinate voter registration and get-out-the-vote efforts at concerts, music festivals, and other various events.
- Supporting state and local outreach efforts for our Democracy Class program.
- Researching corporate and foundation fundraising opportunities.
- Drafting reports and other materials for donors and key partners.
- Assisting with Rock the Vote’s social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Drafting media lists, fact sheets, and press kit materials.
- Researching and compiling daily news clips and tracking state voting legislation.
- Representing Rock the Vote at various conferences, briefings, coalition meetings, and events.
- Creating blog content about Rock the Vote updates, events, and youth related political issues
A competitive candidate for the position will have:
- Experience in a nonprofit and/or political landscape.
- An ability to work very closely with other members of the team and also to manage your own work independently.
- An affinity for politics, particularly youth civic engagement.
- A little flexibility and a sense of humor.
This internship is unpaid and based in Washington, DC.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Rock the Vote is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.