The deadline to register vote in Vermont is: Received by 5:00 p.m. on the Wednesday before the election.
You can vote in Vermont if you:
1 are a citizen of the United States;
2. are a resident of Vermont and a resident of the town in which you apply to be added to the checklist;
3. take, or have previously taken, the Voter's Oath (formerly called the "Freeman's Oath"); and
4. are 18 years of age or more.
Register to vote now!
To check the status of your voter registration, click here.
When can I vote in Vermont?
Early Voting InformationIn-person early voting available? Yes
By mail early voting available? Yes
Voting Hours on Election DayThe polls are open from:
Polls will open between 6:00am and 10:00 am, and close by 7:00 pm.
Please contact your state election office for additional voting information, or click here to learn more about voting absentee in your state.
What do you need to bring?
- A current and valid photo ID - examples include a driver's license, student or job ID, military or other government ID, or U.S. passport.
- OR a non-photo ID that shows your name and address - examples include a utility bill, paycheck, government check, bank statement, car registration, sample ballot, and more.
For more information, contact your state election office.