- 2013 Elections
- How Do I Register?
- When Do I Vote?
- Where Do I Vote?
- What Do I Bring?
- Send Me Reminders
2013 Elections in Vermont
For more information on all of the races happening in 2013, visit the Vermont Secretary of State site.
The deadline to register vote in Vermont is: Received by 5:00 p.m. on the Wednesday before the election.
You can vote in Vermont if you:
1 are a citizen of the United States;
2. are a resident of Vermont and a resident of the town in which you apply to be added to the checklist;
3. take, or have previously taken, the Voter's Oath (formerly called the "Freeman's Oath"); and
4. are 18 years of age or more.
Register to vote now!
To check the status of your voter registration, click here.
When can I vote in Vermont?
Early Voting InformationIn-person early voting available? Yes
By mail early voting available? Yes
Voting Hours on Election DayThe polls are open from:
Polls will open between 6:00am and 10:00 am, and close by 7:00 pm. Contact your polling place to verify the hours of operation on Election Day.
Please contact your state election office for additional voting information, or click here to learn more about voting absentee in your state.
What do you need to bring?
- A current and valid photo ID - examples include a driver's license, student or job ID, military or other government ID, or U.S. passport.
- OR a non-photo ID that shows your name and address - examples include a utility bill, paycheck, government check, bank statement, car registration, sample ballot, and more.
For more information, contact your state election office.
Send me Election Reminders