The deadline to register vote in Nebraska is: Postmarked by the third Friday before the election, or received in person by 6:00 p.m. on the second Friday before the election.
To register to vote in Nebraska you must:
- Be a United States Citizen;
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November;
- Live in the State of Nebraska;
- Have not been convicted of a felony, or if convicted, at least two years have passed since the completion of your sentence for the felony including any parole term;
- Have not been officially found to be mentally incompetent.
Register to vote now!
To check the status of your voter registration, click here.
When can I vote in Nebraska?
Early Voting InformationIn-person early voting available? Yes
By mail early voting available? Yes
The last day to request an early voting ballot by mail for the General Election is the Wednesday before the election at 4:00 p.m. All Early Voting ballots, whether personally delivered, delivered by agent, delivered by mail or other carriers must arrive by the closing of the polls on Election Day - 8:00 p.m. Central Time / 7:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
Early voting in person is available beginning 35 days before an election (15 days before a special election) and ending the day before Election Day.
Voting Hours on Election DayThe polls are open from:
The polls are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Central Time Zone and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Mountain Time Zone.
Please contact your state election office for additional voting information, or click here to learn more about voting absentee in your state.
What do you need to bring?
Nebraska does not require a registered voter to bring ID in order to vote - unless you are a first time voter.
If you registered by mail and did not enclose any identification with your registration, or have not voted in your precinct before, make sure you bring one of these with your current name and address to the polls to make sure your vote counts:
- a current and valid photo ID
- OR a utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that has proof of your name and address, and is less than 60 days old
For more information, contact your state election office.